From the kitchen of Chef Donita Brooks, here is a quick and easy recipe for savory curried chickpeas!
1 15.5oz can chickpeas
1 cup chopped onions
1 ½ cup chopped tomatoes
4 garlic cloves
2 Tablespoons curry powder
1 Tablespoon garam masala
2/3 cup chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine onion, tomato and garlic in a food processor or blender. Pulse until well blended.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy bottomed saute pan. Add curry powder and garam masala, and cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add tomato mixture and cook for 7 minutes, or until the mixture starts to dry out.
- Add chickpeas (don’t drain!) and chicken stock. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook chickpeas for 25-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with oregano and serve over rice.