On the go and on the hunt for healthy bites with hearty flavor? Chef Nita takes you into the kitchen for her Braised Kale recipe:
1 bunch kale, washed, removed from stems and chopped
¾ cup chopped onion
1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
1 cup chicken stock
1 Tablespoon salt free Spike seasoning*
Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion and garlic in large sauce pan until soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add kale to the pan (you may have to add it in batches depending on the size of your pan).
- Add chicken stock and cover pan. Let kale cook over medium heat until wilted (cooked down) to your preference.
- Season kale with salt free seasoning and salt and pepper. Add fresh tomatoes and remove from heat.
*Spike Salt-Free seasoning blend can be found at most local grocery stores.
It’s filled with flavor and totally worth it!