Cook Book: A Quick & Healthy Recipe For Braised KaleMarch 21, 2018
On the go and on the hunt for healthy bites with hearty flavor? Chef Nita takes you into the kitchen for her Braised Kale recipe:
1 bunch kale, washed, removed from stems and chopped
¾ cup chopped onion
1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
1 cup chicken stock
1 Tablespoon salt free Spike seasoning*
Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion and garlic in large sauce pan until soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add kale to the pan (you may have to add it in batches depending on the size of your pan).
- Add chicken stock and cover pan. Let kale cook over medium heat until wilted (cooked down) to your preference.
- Season kale with salt free seasoning and salt and pepper. Add fresh tomatoes and remove from heat.
*Spike Salt-Free seasoning blend can be found at most local grocery stores.
It’s filled with flavor and totally worth it!