Washington, DC (CTZNSIX) –
If you are like me then you may have realized that tardiness is a trend for you when it comes to any occasion. But, I’ve been working to make some changes. Here’s what I’ve learned along the way.
I have struggled with being on time to any event or occasion, even Christmas parties, no matter how early I try to plan my travel time. However, I have seen that the number one place where it matters most is when it’s time for me to go to work.
Even though I am still trying to perfect this area of my life; I do understand the importance of being on time and ultimately, how it will help a person achieve later success. I realized that yes, I may have the work ethic but do I have the drive? Do you have the drive to wake up early enough so that you can beat out your competition?
I realized that if I wanted that promotion or the recognition of a job ‘well done’, I had to possess the total package of a true leader. If you have trouble with getting to work on time but you want to do better; I have put together a list of practical tips that have helped me become successful at defeating that demon of the snooze button!
8 TIPS THAT WILL HELP YOU GET TO WORK ON TIME:
- Set your alarm early enough to include morning prep & travel time in the morning.
- Check the news to check traffic delays so that you can look for other alternative routes.
- Take your showers at night so that in the morning all you need to do is freshen up.
- Pick out and/or iron your clothes the night before.
- Pack your lunch the night before don’t wait until the morning of to look through your fridge.
- Record all your late night shows so that you can go to bed on time.
- If your gas tank is low make sure you get your gas the evening before so that you are not rushing in the morning.
- Put your phone on do not disturb or silence it at night so that you are not awaken by phone calls that will interrupt your sleep.
These 8 tools are tips that I use daily because I know that waking up on time in the mornings is truly a struggle for me, especially during the long holiday period. So since I am one who gets home late most afternoons, I have found that proper preparation makes me an easy bird in the morning so that I can go out there and get my worms!
Time management is good discipline to have when it comes to anything because when you are mindful of other’s time then trust will arise.
You ultimately can become a better worker because your boss can now trust you with that promotion, or those clients can trust you to close the deal because you showed up early to the meeting, or you can get that job because you arrived 15 minutes early to the interview. Remember, success is about integrity and integrity is who you are as a person.
So if you want to meet your metrics and want your boss to notice you, remember to have integrity and turn the snooze button off!